Friday 30 August 2013

My Life, The Soap Opera

Sometimes I used to think I could make a daytime soap opera out of my life. Then I told myself not to be stupid. And reminded myself I can be a little self-involved. Then this happened. And I remember that shit like this just somehow keeps happening in my life.

Roommate is moving to Germany. To be with a girl from Luxembourg who I introduced him to. Seven hours after meeting they slept together. Twelve days they were together in real life. Three weeks after starting dating, he decides to move to Germany and renege on the lease he made with me at the start of the year. Only seven months into our contract.

That's not even the worst part.

He didn't have the savings to just up and move to Germany. Who does? So he went for one full-time job interview two weeks after she left. And didn't get it. So instead of looking for another job and working to get the money himself, he asked his father for a loan of $7000 to pay for the trip and living while he was over there. For some unknown reason, his dad agreed.

So now, less than two months after even meeting the girl, he's upping and moving to Germany, and move into the girl's apartment which her own father pays for. He won't pay any rent. He will try and get a job to start paying his father back. The real kicker here? He doesn't even speak German.

How do you get a job in a country where you can't even speak the language?

Gott allein weiß.

Anyone looking for a room to rent in Sydney?

No comments:

Post a Comment